You woke up at 2:30 this morning (not your norm), and as I sat there and nursed and rocked you, I looked at the big girl on my lap and wondered these things:
- When did you get to be so big? You stretch across my lap and over the arms of the rocking chair now.
- When did you get so much hair? It's blond and wispy and beautiful and it might be curling over your ears.
- When did you get to be so mobile? You crawl around everywhere now (and get your head jammed in the end of the crib because you don't back up).
- When did you get to be so beautiful? You've always been adorable, but you are just so beautiful now!
- When did you get to be so fun? You love to play with us and laugh and smile. You make me laugh and smile all day long!
- When did you get to be so smart? You figure things out and recognize words and songs, wave and clap.
- When did you get to be so opinionated? You know what you want, when you want it, and where you want it. There's no distracting you. You will pitch a fit if you don't get your way.