I figured I'd update with some pictures of completed projects.
Here are two kitchen improvements:
A roman shade for one of the kitchen windows. I used a tutorial here: Roman shade tutorial in 20 pictures or less.
I really like the way it turned out and the instructions were super simple.
Here is another kitchen project - an under cabinet curtain. Ignore the plywood floor. We've had some flooring delays because the hard wood floor we ordered was back ordered. It is in now and may start going down tonight! How exciting!
This is a closeup of the under cabinet curtain. I added some of the striped fabric from the window curtain to the upper part of the curtain. Both fabrics were from Joanns - 54" decorator line.
Outside things are coming along as well.
Josh is making us a patio in the backyard. He's making sure the sand is an even 2"
Laying the patio bricks.
Homeownership is fun! Now that things are *MUCH* more settled, it's fun to get into the projects. The craft room has had lots of progress as well. I'm just not ready for photos yet. Stay tuned!