I guess a good thing of now being OVERDUE is that I have gotten a LOT accomplished! If Baby Girl had come on time, she would not have had a diaper bag!
The fabric I used (with the exception of the chaging pad) was from Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet 2 collection. I don't usually like to use fabric from one collection - I'm a mix and matcher. I thought it was a good idea in this instance though!
I had originally wanted to take this bag and develop a pattern from it. MMmm....nice idea in theory, but this bag became a monster. I am very pleased with it, but in its current form, it is un-recreatable. I will see how it works for me, then decide if I want to revisit how I constructed it!
I wanted to show it hanging, but in order to do that, I would have to get on the floor. At this point, that is impossible (said with a French accent!)!
The front: The piping and handles are leather from scraps I had left over from Levi's dog bed, which was from scraps my mother-in-law procured from her old job (at a furniture store - the leather was from a headboard they were throwing away).
The back - The ruched part is two slip pockets.
The interior pockets - there are five. One is a large zipper pocket, two are slip pockets, and two are bottle/cup pockets (lined with laminated fabric).
Up close look at the laminated elasticized pocket:
Interior in use:
Some more accessories:
Overall, I'm pleased with the bag. Sewing with the leather was not very fun (the piping was fine, but the handles were not fun!). It is also very... large. My husband says it needs its own zip code.
I like it. : D