- Hot water is very important
Things in houses built before 1978 can contain asbestos
- The previous owners liked to use scotch tape and nails. Sometimes they used them together, like, let me scotch tape the wall, then bang a nail into it.
- I have a lot of stuff
- I am not strong
- I like to sit on couches and when that isn't an option, something feels wrong
- Homeowners take LOTS of trips to Home Depot and Lowes and Ace Hardware and maybe all three in one day!
- Homeowners need to make lots of decisions
- Door locks are expensive!
- ...So are hot water heaters
- ... So are tile floors
- ... So are wood floors, which is now going in instead of the tile floor
- When in doubt about a paint color, ask Candice Olson of Divine Design on HGTV
- You don't really realize what owning a home entails until you own one
- Home ownership is TIRING!
The happy (and relaxed) homeowners at the closing
Taking up the floor - SIX layers of linoleum!
The view out the kitchen windown when they were fixing the septic system
Taking down those poles. Yeah!
The kitchen looks brighter already!
Choosing paint colors, which ended up being none of the above. I'm taking suggestions on what to do with lots of sample cans of teal paint though!
I have been *Horrible* about posting on other people's blogs. I promise that as soon as I catch up, I will be a posting machine!