Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Diaper Bag

I guess a good thing of now being OVERDUE is that I have gotten a LOT accomplished!  If Baby Girl had come on time, she would not have had a diaper bag!

The fabric I used (with the exception of the chaging pad) was from Sandi Henderson's Meadowsweet 2 collection.  I don't usually like to use fabric from one collection - I'm a mix and matcher.  I thought it was a good idea in this instance though!

I had originally wanted to take this bag and develop a pattern from it.  MMmm....nice idea in theory, but this bag became a monster.  I am very pleased with it, but in its current form, it is un-recreatable.  I will see how it works for me, then decide if I want to revisit how I constructed it!

I wanted to show it hanging, but in order to do that, I would have to get on the floor.  At this point, that is impossible (said with a French accent!)!

The front: The piping and handles are leather from scraps I had left over from Levi's dog bed, which was from scraps my mother-in-law procured from her old job (at a furniture store - the leather was from a headboard they were throwing away).

The back - The ruched part is two slip pockets.

The interior pockets - there are five.  One is a large zipper pocket, two are slip pockets, and two are bottle/cup pockets (lined with laminated fabric).





Up close look at the laminated elasticized pocket:

Interior in use:

Some more accessories:
Nursing cover:
Changing pad:

Overall, I'm pleased with the bag.  Sewing with the leather was not very fun (the piping was fine, but the handles were not fun!).  It is also very... large.  My husband says it needs its own zip code.

I like it.  : D

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nursery Tour

Welcome to the nursery!  The baby for which this nursery is designed has not made her appearance yet, but we are hoping that it will entice her to come out!

 The crib skirt, curtains, and some of the basket liner fabric is from "French Hatbox" by Tanya Whelan.  I did a LOT of fabric research before I settled on that one!  My mom did a decorative painting technique on the walls to make the stripes.  The paint color is a pale lavender (with a pinkish tint).

Here you can see the changing table.  The crib and armoire are in the same collection (Stanley Young America), but the changing table is from Target!
  I added some baskets and made new liners for them - easiest project in the whole room!
This curtain was not made without tears, but that is another story for another time and involves a serger and a very noticeable hole.  : (

The rocking chair will go in this corner.  As you can see, the closet is in an awkward spot for a door.  It is also shorter than a regular door.  When our house was built, "standard size" must not have been popular!  I made a fabric curtain instead. The fabric is a pale lavender pattern from Joanns and is SO soft!  The crib sheet is also made from this fabric.  I love it!

I love the wall hanging my aunt and grandmother got for the baby's room!  It goes so well!!!
Here is the lovely armoire!

We still need some more things, but the room is clean and mostly done and waiting for its little inhabitant (although she won't be spending time in there for a while!!).

I have the tutorial for this little lady about 85% finished.  Provided I don't go into labor, I will post it this week!

Sorry it has been so long!  I'm dying to post more projects and tutorials!
I must add - LOTS of hard work went into this room.  My husband and mom did SO much painting throughout the whole house.  My dad helped as well!  I am so thankful for them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails